Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Bleak House - the morning after

I enjoyed episode two last night. What great character actors - these must be dream roles for them. Just when I thought I had a handle on who everyone was and what their motivations were - more. More characters, more plot twists, more mysterious behavior, more of everything. It was positively... positively... Dickensian. I had to say it.

Favorite names from Bleak House, so far:

Mr. Guppy
Lady Dedlock
Mr. Snagsby
Mr. Smallweed

They're all good, though, aren't they.

Comments:
Hi! Love the blog...A Morley fan myself. Looing forward to reading more.
 
Thanks Brian, always glad to make the acquaintance of another Morley admirer (may we become legion), and colleague in the bookselling business, of course (as I see from your link, and what good books you have)...
 
Mr. Guppy is such a creepy fellow-reminds me of Uriah Heep! Have to say that I wish they showed more than one hour of BH the other night,it was so absorbing.
 
I know, when the show ended after the first hour, I said, "No... NO! It can't be over!" I seem to talk back to the television whenever I watch it, which is thankfully not often.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?