Monday, January 09, 2006

 

January blues

I sold a few books today (inlcuding the Tao te Ching and a sweet book on repairing books) to two good customers who always drop by when they are in town. Other than that it's been quiet and the snow's been lightly falling all day and I don't think I've seen the sun in several days now and I am thinking of taking some vitamin D and seeing if that helps the situation in general. The good news is that I just mailed my quarterly taxes in and am still in business. The bad news is that there's a two-day rare book auction nearby this weekend that I'd like to attend, but as I said, I just mailed my taxes, so the cupboards are a bit bare. There are over 400 old Baedeker travel guides at this auction (I love old travel books, and 400 Baedekers, wow), signed books by George Bernard Shaw, Yeats, A.A. Milne (a first edition of The House at Pooh Corner, also signed by Shepard), and Anthony Trollope, lots of leatherbound sets (the Nonesuch Shakespeare, for one) and single-volume fine bindings, and some fine Americana. Mmmmm. I don't even dare to preview.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?