Monday, November 07, 2016

 

i'm with her


We define ourselves and each other in so many different ways - mother, father, husband, wife, child, adult - by gender, orientation, race, profession, nationality, community, and so forth.  I won't speak for anyone else, but I believe that no one fits easily into any kind of a box or wears only a few labels.  Human beings are too complex for that, and I think most of us only get hints of our abilities and potential, and are happiest living on continuums of experience rather than being pigeonholed.  I know this is true for me, and yet I am wordy and I do like definitions, so here are a few of mine.  I keep these on my blog banner and I enjoy identifying with them: painter, reader, writer, bookseller.  On facebook and on my painting blog I add one more to that list: generally happy person.  I am also: an idealist, daydreamer, romantic, sister, daughter, wife, aunt, niece, cousin, friend, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, property owner, small business owner, nature lover, peace lover, cat lover, tree hugger, pantheist, feminist, liberal.  Democrat.  Mainer.  American.  

And tomorrow, another:  I am a VOTER.  Please, be one too!  Please vote!   It's so important! 

I am voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton.   

One last definition:  I am Sarah Faragher, and I approved this message.

;O) 

Comments:
Sarah,

It's been a rough few days, since about 8:30 Tuesday night.

But we have to think we can ride this out. Wish we still had Leonard Cohen around to help.

Dan
 
In agreement, Dan. Thanks for checking in. Except for speaking with family and friends, and writing to local elected officials about my immediate concerns, I am keeping quiet for a bit. Attempting to get my thoughts in order. One thought for you, though, right now - I visited a bookstore today. Holy crackers, it was wonderful.

Best wishes from here! And thanks for your friendship.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?